REQUEST: Indigenous entrepreneurship call for papers - collaboration sought

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Mon Mar 5 15:24:07 CET 2007

From: Simon Down [mailto:simon.down at newcastle.ac.uk]
Date: Mon 5 March 2007 15:06

Dear All,

I am interested in preparing a paper for the IJEI call on Indigenous
entrepreneurship. Unfortunately I don't have the time to take the lead,
but I would like to collaborate with others working in this area,
perhaps in Scandinavia.

I have 14 in-depth interviews of Australian Indigneous entrepreneurs
which need more analysing (see reference for chapter below for the first
fruits of the research). Is there anyone studying this topic (ie in
Scandinavia) who has the time to take the lead and maybe can make a
comparison with similar data?

I would be keen to act as a second supporting author if someone else
were to do the core work with the data analysis and first draft of the
paper.

This is the previous work I have done in the area:
Reveley. J. and Down, S. (2007) 'Stigmatization, Politics and
Entrepreneurship: Aspects of the Social Formation of
Australian Indigenous Entrepreneur Identities', in Hjorth, D, and
Steyaert, C. (eds.) The Politics and Aesthetics of Entrepreneurship.
Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, in press.

I take a sociological and organisational theory approach to my work but
I am not dogmatic or inflexible

The call for papers is:

CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue of the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and
Innovation: 'Indigenous Entrepreneurship'
Guest Editor: Leo Paul Dana
Deadline: 1 July 2007

Kind regards

Dr Simon Down
Deputy Director
Centre for Knowledge, Innovation, Technology and Enterprise (KITE)

and

Degree Programme Director MSc Innovation Creativity and Enterprise
management
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/nubs/postgrad/taught_degrees/ice.htm

0191 222 6232

Read about my new book Narratives of Enterprise at
http://www.e-elgar.co.uk/Bookentry_DESCRIPTION.lasso?id=3365
Why not order one for your library