CFP: Kauffman Foundation Call for Proposals, Entrepreneurial Dynamics: Evidence from the Kauffman Firm Survey

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Wed Mar 25 13:30:55 CET 2015

From: Alex Krause [mailto:akrause at kauffman.org]
Date: Tue 24 Mar 2015 15:03

The Kauffman Foundation is pleased to announce a special conference to bring together researchers using the Kauffman Firm Survey (KFS) and highlight new KFS research. There has been increasing interest in the factors that lead to new firm formation, growth, and decline. Research shows startups face daunting economic factors that result in their high exit rates. Our understanding of early entrepreneurial dynamics and firm exits remains quite limited.

Thus, we encourage research proposals from the academic community that focus on early firm dynamics, team formation and owner human capital, firm financing, innovation, and firm exit, among other topics. We seek to publish a special journal issue in addition to a collection of chapters with original ideas and theoretical advances that will provide the foundation for future research projects on entrepreneurial dynamics.

We hope the conference and these research products will provide a forum for thought-provoking empirical research and new theoretical ideas. We are open to theoretical papers and empirical submissions using different methodological approaches and diverse macro and micro perspectives, as long as they use the KFS. Priority will be given to those researchers seeking to use the confidential version of the KFS, which is housed in the virtual data enclave at the University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center (NORC). Seat sponsorship will be provided.

Submission Information:
.         -Authors should submit an electronic copy of their proposal (5 single-spaced pages) to aliciarobb at berkeley.edu by June 15th, 2015.

.         -Authors will be notified of acceptance to the pre-conference by July 15th, 2015

.         -First academic conference for draft papers accepted for consideration: November 13th & 14th 2015 (to be held at Duke University, Durham, NC)

.         -Academic conference for revised papers accepted for consideration: June 2016 (Date TBD, held at University of Colorado, Boulder)

.         -Submission deadline for revised papers: August 15th, 2016.

.         -Submission deadline for final papers: October 15th, 2016

.         -Publication date of volume and special issue: November 15th, 2016.

Questions can be directed to Alicia Robb at aliciarobb at berkeley.edu.

The KFS can be found at: http://www1.kauffman.org/kfs/

For full posting, visit: http://www.kauffman.org/blogs/data-maven/2015/03/entrepreneurial-dynamics-evidence-from-the-kauffman-firm-survey

Thank you,