POSITIONS: Tenure-track position in Toronto - Entrepreneurship & Strategy

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Mon Oct 22 12:10:01 CEST 2012

From: Dave Valliere [valliere at ryerson.ca]
Date: Sat 20 Oct 2012 16:38

Deadline to Apply: December 31, 2012

Ryerson University is known for innovative programs built on the integration of theoretical and applied learning. More than ninety-five undergraduate and graduate programs are distinguished by a professionally focused curriculum and strong emphasis on excellence in teaching, research and creative activities. Ryerson is also a leader in adult learning, with the largest university-based continuing education school in Canada. Ryerson University is located in the multi-cultural heart of Downtown Toronto.

SHAPING FUTURES ONE AT A TIME
The Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University offers distinctive Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) and graduate (MBA and MMSc) degrees in six schools: Business Management, Finance and Accounting, Hospitality and Tourism, Business Technology Management, Health Services Management, and Retail Management. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto’s diverse business community, our Bay St. location reinforces our strong links to the heart of corporate Canada. With an emphasis on relevant curriculum and excellence in teaching and research, our Schools continue to demonstrate their commitment to innovation and program quality by combining academic rigour with real-world learning. To learn more about our Schools, please visit www.ryerson.ca/tedreogersschool.

The Department of Entrepreneurship & Strategy invites applications for one tenure-stream position at a rank commensurate with experience. The position commences August 1, 2013, and is subject to final budgetary approval. Applicants must hold a PhD with advanced studies in entrepreneurship, strategy, or a related field (such as management, sociology, or psychology). Candidates should demonstrate a successful record of scholarship, including publications in peer-reviewed journals. Candidates should also demonstrate excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels, a capacity for collaboration and collegial service, and the ability to work with student groups.

Please forward to the e-mail address below by December 31st electronic copies of your detailed CV, a statement of teaching and research interests, one sample publication, and one sample teaching evaluation.  Three confidential letters of recommendation are highly preferred. These must be forwarded by their authors directly to the same address.

Dave Valliere, Chair, Department of Entrepreneurship & Strategy
c/o Kelly McHale, kmchale at ryerson.ca

This position falls under the jurisdiction of the Ryerson Faculty Association (RFA). The RFA collective agreement can be viewed at www.ryerson.ca/teaching/agreements/rfa_agreement/index.html. A summary of RFA benefits can be found at www.ryerson.ca/hr/benefits/benefits_by_group/rfa. The RFA’s website can be found at www.rfa.ryerson.ca.

Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.