POSITIONS: 3 PhD students and 1 Post Doc at Jönköping International Business School

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Tue Jun 26 14:08:47 CEST 2012

From: Rebecka Ottosson
Date: Tue 26 Jun 2012 10:40

In Business Administration with a focus on Family Business and Ownership

Thanks to a generous donation from Carl-Olof and Jenz Hamrin Foundation and as a part of our growth strategy we seek up to three doctoral students to our Center for Family Enterprise and Ownership ( CeFEO). CeFEO is an internationally leading research center for family business and ownership issues; currently the largest in the world and ranked first in Europe and fourth globally for research productivity.
CeFEO was established in 2005 and has grown into a genuinely interdisciplinary and international research center with more than 25 senior and junior researchers. CeFEO is committed to “Academic Excellence and Practical Relevance" and active in the areas of research, education and outreach activities to practitioners. Please visit www.cefeo.se for more information about our history and activities.
Working Task / Qualifications
As a doctoral student at CeFEO and JIBS we offer you a full-time employment. Most of your time will be devoted to your doctoral studies but you also will be able to gain experience in teaching and administrative tasks. We seek candidates who has a strong wish to conduct high level of academic scholarship on important topics within the fields of family business and/or ownership (incl. corporate governance) that are of high theoretical, empirical and practical relevance.

Eligible applicants must have completed their bachelor or master in a relevant discipline. The main language of research and teaching at JIBS is English. You must be fluent in both written and spoken English to be eligible to our doctoral program. Skills in other languages, including Swedish is considered an advantage. An international outlook as well as prior research, teaching and/or professional experience are also considered advantageous, as is an ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in and around the university environment.
Information
For more information about the positions, please contact Professor Leif Melin leif.melin at jibs.hj.se, Director of CeFEO or Professor Mattias Nordqvist mattias.nordqvist at jibs.hj.se, Co-director of CeFEO. Professor Nordqvist can also answer general question regarding the PhD program in Business Administration at JIBS in his role as Associate Dean for Doctoral Programs. Union representatives are Duncan Levinsohn (SACO-s)saco.ihh. at ihh.hj.se and Barbara Eklöf (ST) st.ihh at ihh.hj.se. Contact phone number for them all is +46 36 10 10 00
Application
Please submit:
·         A letter-of-intent explaining why you apply to the position, what you expect from the doctoral programme and why you are interested in CeFEO and JIBS, and in doing research on family business and/or ownership issues.
·         A preliminary research plan, expressing your present research interest in the field..
·         A personal description of yourself. .
·         CV and attested documents (transcript, diploma). .
·         Copy of your Bachelor and Master Theses and other publications.
Electronically to the following address: registrator.ihh at jibs.hj.se no later than  June 30, 2012.

[Please quote reference number IHH 12/077-7.2.4 clearly on your application]