RESPONSE: Post Doc position - "What to do when I'm almost finishing my Phd"

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Tue Aug 31 17:06:20 CEST 2010

From: Heather Douglas [mailto:heather.douglas at rmit.edu.au]
Date: Tue 31 Aug 2010 02:17

Hi there Putri

Congratulations on almost being a doctor!

Where are you doing your doctorate? I found getting a postdoc was going to be incredible competitive so I settled for a real job. I am now working as a full time academic. It definitely slows the academic career as time for publishing is very limited, but it gives me an income and some long term security, and I can get some interesting research done along the way. On the other hand, I would be absolutely thrilled if a suitable research opportunity came my way!

Let me know what you decide.

Kind regards
Heather Douglas
RMIT University