REQUEST: Post Doc position - "What to do when I'm almost finishing my Phd"

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Fri Aug 27 16:02:41 CEST 2010

From: Putri Tahir [mailto:putri_r_tahir at yahoo.com]
Date: Fri 27 Aug 2010 08:25

Hello everyone,

I'm about to complete my PhD thesis and was reading an article on "What to do when you are almost finishing your Phd ( i.e don't wait until you wear that nice mortar board/tam:) )". One of the tips given was to look for a Post Doc position as a motivation to really complete the 3-4 years research. I am considering to continue doing research whether online, offline, or distance learning as part time ( if there is such for post doc) or full time.

I have given myself till September 2010 to finish my thesis. A goal to do Post Doc would really motivate me and help me focus on completing it without any delay. I hope some of you will share your opinion and experience on this. I have several options after completing my PhD but with my many years of experience being an entrepreneur, a trainer and consultant for small medium entrepreneurs for almost 9 years, and 14 years of teaching marketing, finance and entrepreneurship, I'd like to contribute to an "academia-industry" setting. Regarded as a creative person among my close contacts, I like to be in an environment where I can offer practical solutions. ( and yes, I still love teaching and training!)

Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this!

Regards,
(soon-to-be Dr)
Putri