CFP: INSEAD Conference on Network Evolution-Deadline May 1

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Tue Apr 6 21:00:59 MESZ 2010

INSEAD Conference on Network Evolution 2.0
Networks, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
(apologies for cross-postings)

CALL FOR PAPERS
October 22-23, 2010

Organizations and individuals are embedded in networks of social relationships, and the positions in these networks are very influential to the success and performance of organizations and individual alike. The INSEAD Conference on Network Evolution is a two day event where we will provide a forum for researchers working at the intersection of networks, innovation and entrepreneurship. We request submissions that examine the consequences of networks for innovation and the identification of entrepreneurial opportunities (broadly defined); as well as the reverse effects of entrepreneurial activities on the structure of social relationships. Our objective is to generate new insights into the drivers of the evolution of the social structure as well as to stimulate dialogue between scholars. We expect this to be small conference (around 30 papers) so that the participants can receive quality feedback. This is the second time INSEAD organizes the conference on Network Evolution. The first inaugural conference brought together over 50 academics from all over the world.

Confirmed keynote speakers:

Ranjay Gulati (Harvard)
Don Palmer (UC Davis)
Woody Powell (Stanford)
Brian Uzzi (Northwestern)

Discussants / participants:
Gautam Ahuja (Michigan)
Joel Baum (Toronto)
Martin Gargiulo (INSEAD)
Henrich Greve (INSEAD)
Bill McEvily (Toronto)
Martin Kilduff (Cambridge)
Joe Labianca (Kentucky)
Tim Rowley (Toronto)
 Melissa Schilling (NYU)
Guiseppe Soda (Bocconi)
Aks Zaheer (Minnesota)

INSEAD organizers:
Andrew Shipilov
Susan Lynch
Michelle Rogan
Jasjit Singh
Jarrett Spiro
Balagopal Vissa

Please submit a full paper to network.evolution at insead.edu by May 1, 2010.
There is no attendance fee, but the participants should cover their own transportation and lodging in Fontainebleau. Conference website:
http://www.insead.edu/facultyresearch/faculty/personal/ashipilov/network10.cfm

Andrew V. Shipilov
Akzo Nobel Fellow of Strategic Management
Assistant Professor of Strategy
INSEAD
http://www.insead.edu/facultyresearch/faculty/profiles/ashipilov/
http://ssrn.com/author=728108