REQUEST: Criticism to qualitative methods in entrepreneurship studies

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Fri Jun 5 17:12:13 CEST 2009

From: Amie Kusumawardhani [mailto:ak686 at uow.edu.au]
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 3:57 AM

Dear all,

I am doing a PhD, and my research topic is Role of entrepreneurial orientation in SME performance in developing countries. Most of prior studies on this topic have applied quantitative methods. However, some journal articles highlighted the weaknesses of quantitative methods for investigating  entrepreneurship, particularly in developing countries. Therefore, I am planning to apply qualitative methods for my study. As I should not to be bias, I also need to discuss the weaknesses of qualitative methods when it is applied in entrepreneurship or SMEs in developing countries from quantitative scientist’ perspectives

Does anyone know the references that criticize the qualitative methods applied in entrepreneurship studies?

Thank you very much for your help.
I greatly appreciate your information.

Kind regards,

Amie Kusumawardhani