POSITIONS: Assistant/Associate/Full Professors of Entrepreneurship

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Mon May 11 17:27:13 CEST 2009

From: Swanson, Lee [mailto:swanson at edwards.usask.ca]
Date: Sat 9 May 2009 01:10

Position: Assistant/Associate/Full Professors of Entrepreneurship

Applicants are invited for a tenure-track position in Entrepreneurship at all ranks at Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada.

We are a rapidly growing business school with a strong commitment to research that impacts theory and practice. We are committed bringing solid teaching to our near 2,000 energetic undergraduate and MBA students. Teaching loads allow ample time for research, with research support available for faculty with research productivity potential. Our young centres of excellence in entrepreneurship and international business offer platforms for expanding research and learning. We are well-connected to strong agri/mining/oil business sectors and our campus has strong innovation initiatives. Candidates in all entrepreneurship specializations who hold or are near the completion of a Ph.D. are encouraged to apply. We are a progressive university serving approximately 20,000 students.  For more information on the Edwards School of Business, please visit our website at http://www.edwards.usask.ca. We offer competitive salary and an attractive benefit package. Remuneration will be appropriate to qualification and experience.

There are ample reasons that solid scholars should give us a look. You'll find engaged colleagues seeking excellence who value people. If you are wondering about our growth in this time of downward spiraling economies, the Conference Board of Canada reports that Saskatchewan will likely continue to lead the nation in economic growth in 2009 because of its strong infrastructure investment and tax reductions (CNN). Bucking continent-wide trends, Saskatchewan's unemployment rate fell to 4.1 percent in January 2009. The University of Saskatchewan is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Saskatoon is a vibrant university city with a population approaching 230,000 people.  The city is located on a river in the heartland of Saskatchewan. The city is well known for its summer festivals and riverbank events such as Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan, the Jazz Festival, River Fest Boat Races, the Children's Festival and the Fringe Festival to name a few. Needless to say, winter festivals and winter sports - like hockey and cross country skiing - in Saskatoon are even better. For more information on the City of Saskatoon, please visit the following websites at http://tourismsaskatoon.com and http://www.downtownsaskatoon.com.

Please submit a cover letter, vitae, and pertinent supporting documents via email (pdf) to painter at edwards.usask.ca or by mail to: Dr. Marvin Painter, Edwards School of Business, 25 Campus Drive, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 5A7.  All applications received prior to 1 July 2009 will be considered for interviews during the Summer Academy of Management (AOM) and American Marketing Association (AMA) Conferences in Chicago, IL. If you are unable to meet with us at the conference, let us know in your letter and other arrangements will be made.
For further information, contact:  Dr. Marvin Painter; (306) 966-8439; painter at edwards.usask.ca

The University of Saskatchewan is committed to employment equity.  Members of designated groups (women, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities and visible minorities) are encouraged to self-identify on their applications.  In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.

Dr. Lee Swanson
Associate Professor

Edwards School of Business
University of Saskatchewan