MULTIPLE RESPONSES: Definition / Measurement of successful entrepreneur

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Mon Jan 12 10:45:28 CET 2009

-----Response 1-----

From: Alistair Campbell [mailto:Alistair.Campbell at unisa.edu.au]
Date: Sat 10 Jan 2009 09:27

Dear Putri

No doubt you will receive many answers, and I'm sure they will prove
useful in trying to clarify what you wish to define as "successful
entrepreneurs" for your doctoral research.

Survival is certainly a key aspect of success, as you have already
identified. May I suggest that you also include aspects of what
entrepreneurs themselves consider "success" - my experience is that
entrepreneurs consider "more than just money" when reflecting on whether
they consider themselves successful or not. If you can include some of
this in your definition, in my opinion you will access some really
important but seldom-mentioned information.

Best regards

Alistair Campbell
University of South Australia

-----Response 2-----