REQUESTS: Marketing Success Factors

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Mon Apr 7 15:03:22 CEST 2008

From: Ejaz Mian [mailto:jajjay at gmail.com]
Date: Mon 7 April 2008 10:49

Dear List Members

I am writing my PhD dissertation on marketing success factors for small
firms in Pakistan. In this regard I like to communicate with any
scholars writing on similar topic.

My research borders on the marketing/entrepreneurship interface. There
is hardly any research done on this topic in Pakistan before.

My problem is that it is difficult to isolate marketing success factors
alone and study them against firm performance. There are many other
factors which impinge on marketing. There is also the important factor
of lack of government support or training. Infra structure including
roads and transportation, electricity and others is poor.

Culture also plays a dominant role in this society in determining
entrepreneurial behavior. This being a Muslim countries there is
dependence on the will of God.

I am trying to make a model with founder characteristics, firm
characteristics and marketing practices as three main variables
affecting performance and success.

If some one is aware of similar work or topic I would love to know about
it. Or about another third world country on similar topic.

Hoping to get your kind response

Sincerely

Ejaz