CFP: 45th Annual Eastern Academy of Management Conference

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Tue Nov 20 17:24:42 CET 2007

From: Joseph LiPuma [mailto:jlipuma at drexel.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:04 AM

Dear fellow entrepreneurship scholars,

Please see the following announcement for the 45th Annual Eastern
Academy of Management Conference.  This conference is a wonderful
opportunity for doctoral students and budding scholars to present their
research in a supportive conference setting, and for experienced
academics to explore emerging topics.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph A. LiPuma, D.B.A.

Program Track Chair, Entrepreneurship
LeBow College of Business
Drexel University
Academic Building 329
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(+1) 215.895.1676
jlipuma at drexel.edu <mailto:jalipuma at bu.edu>

On behalf of the Eastern Academy of Management, it is my privilege to
invite submissions for our 45th Annual Conference, May 14-17, 2008, in
the wonderful city of Washington, D.C.  Given this setting, arguably the
seat of power for the U.S., the conference theme is The Power of One,
The Power of Many.  We invite submissions about all aspects of power -
broadly defined as authority, influence, and impact - as it pertains to
managerial issues, practices, and pedagogy.  To access the call for
papers and submission guidelines you can visit our website at
www.eaom.org and click on "Annual Meetings Washington, D.C. 2008" for
more information, to submit your papers, to sign up as a reviewer, and
to make hotel reservations.  The deadline for submission is December 7,
2007, so mark your calendars and send us your best work so that together
we can create another outstanding conference.

This 45th annual meeting of the Eastern Academy of Management will
feature a variety of sessions including: papers, symposia, panels,
cases, experiential exercises, professional development workshops, and
distinguished speakers.  Papers are double-blind reviewed, and accepted
papers are published in a CD-ROM of proceedings.  Awards are given for
outstanding papers, and outstanding reviewers are acknowledged in the
program.

Our location for this year's conference is extraordinary!  The
conference will be held at the lovely boutique-style Marriott Crystal
City in Arlington, VA, surrounded by restaurants and shopping areas.
The metro is accessible right at the hotel, and all the major Washington
attractions and museums are just a few short metro stops away.  I
visited the hotel and surrounding area this summer and it was a delight.
Local Arrangements VP Liz Davis and her team are hard at work to create
a remarkable conference experience for all of us.

Please submit your work by December 7th and join us in May.  Use your
'power of one' (and perhaps a few co-authors) to join with our
collective 'power of many' to make the 2008 Eastern Academy of
Management Conference a stimulating, creative, and influential event!  I
hope to see you in Washington in May.