CFP: UIC Research Symposium on Marketing and Entrepreneurship 2007

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Fri Mar 23 10:11:04 CET 2007

From: Javier Monllor [mailto:jmonll2 at uic.edu]
Date: Tue 22.03.2007 22:22

Call for Papers
UIC Research Symposium on Marketing and Entrepreneurship 2007

August 1-2, Washington D.C. Area
Proposals due April 15, 2007

http://www.uic.edu/cba/ies/upcoming_symposia.html

The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) will be hosting the 21st
annual Symposium this year in the Washington DC area, 1-2 August,
preceding the 2007 AMA Summer Marketing Educators' Conference in
Washington DC and the Academy of Management Conference in Philadelphia.
Distinguished researchers from around the world present new discoveries
and ideas about marketing in entrepreneur-led businesses and new
ventures, teaching innovations and discuss the impact of the latest
technologies on marketing and entrepreneurship. UIC also publishes a
book containing the top academic papers presented at the conference
every year and many papers go on to be published in leading
entrepreneurship and marketing journals. For information on purchasing
prior books, please visit http://www.uic.edu/cba/ies/proceedings.html .

Some topics to be covered include, but are not limited to: opportunity
recognition, entrepreneurial marketing, innovation and creativity in
SMEs, teaching at the interface, relationship between market
orientation, entrepreneurial orientation and learning orientation, among
others.

For more information visit http://www.uic.edu/cba/ies/symposia.html . Or
contact Javier Monllor at jmonll2 at uic.edu or Gerald Hills at
gehills at uic.edu.

Importand Deadlines

     * 2 Page Paper proposals are due by April 15th, 2007.
     * Completed papers are due by July 2nd, 2007.

Why attend the UIC Research Symposium?
Nearly all past attendees have said that the Symposium is the best
conference they attend throughout the year. With attendance of about 50
participants, the meeting creates a friendly atmosphere with interaction
among all in attendance. We encourage early stage research. Here is what
some have said:

".what struck me then and still does is the immense generosity in time
and assistance that such an audience is prepared to offer.",

"I found the symposium extremely beneficial for my research. It provided
an excellent platform on which to receive feedback."