CFP: Aberdeen Conference 2007

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Thu Mar 1 17:11:24 CET 2007

From: a.r.anderson at rgu.ac.uk [mailto:a.r.anderson at rgu.ac.uk]
Date: Thu 1 March 2007 16:55

Call for papers - Aberdeen Conference 2007

Conference jointly established by CERVEPAS, Sorbonne nouvelle, Paris and Aberdeen Business School, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen

Perspectives on Entrepreneurship: Cultures and Contexts?

Entrepreneurship has become a legitimate form of behaviour and institutional practice that has universal development model value. It appears as a key driver of economic performance and a vector of social change. Yet it is also rooted in contrasting national contexts and shaped by highly varied cultures and structured by local, regional and national socio-economic institutions. This international conference proposes examining the nature and impact of these cultural and contextual variables on international entrepreneurial activity as well as studying the different systems and models of development that derive from them.

We invite papers that consider these aspects of entrepreneurship; culture and context; differences and similarities; institutions and networks; discourse and narrative and of course the globalisation effects on entrepreneurship. Papers that inform or challenge our existing knowledge of these aspects are particularly welcome.

The conference will be held at Aberdeen Business School, The Robert Gordon University, on the 13th, 14th and 15th of September 2007 and the format will be an informal presentation and discussion of the papers. We hope that the conference will produce new informed ways of appreciating enterprise culture at an international level.

Alain Fayolle will deliver a keynote speech.

A full social programme is an integrated part of the conference where we will have a chance to enjoy Scottish hospitality in convivial surroundings.

We have secured a special edition of the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation and selected papers will be published here. If we have a sufficient number of interesting papers we may also be able to secure an additional and different journal issue. We are also in negotiations with a prestigious publisher, Edward Elgar, about the possibility of an edited book based on the conference.

We will shortly be setting up a website with full details of the conference, but meantime please send any enquiries to Professor Alistair R Anderson, a.r.anderson at rgu.ac.uk, or cervepas at univ-paris3.fr

Deadline for submission of proposals : 31 March, 2007

500 word proposals (written in English) should be sent electronically before the above date to both a.r.anderson at rgu.ac.uk and cervepas at univ-paris3.fr. Please attach a short biography.

Organizing committee : Alistair R. Anderson, Martine Azuelos, Catherine Coron, Jacques-Henri Coste, Heather Fulford, Ben Offerlé, Marzena Starnawska.

Charles P. Skene Centre for Entrepreneurship :
http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs/centres/page.cfm?pge=5256

Cervepas
http://cervepas.univ-paris3.fr