POSITIONS: U of British Columbia

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Wed Aug 23 09:59:27 MESZ 2006

University of British Columbia - Faculty of Management (up to 6
Associate Professor positions)

The newly created Faculty of Management plans to hire a founding group
of six research-oriented Associate Professors with multi-disciplinary
interests. Funding permitting, one founding member from each area of
specialization will be hired. Founding faculty members will take a
leadership role in the subsequent recruiting and mentoring of junior
faculty members as the Faculty grows. Another key role will be to
participate in the development of an integrated, collaborative
undergraduate program. Over the next four years, we will also develop
interdisciplinary graduate and executive programs in areas such as
technology management, arts management and health administration and
participate fully in the interdisciplinary PhD program.

The Faculty of Management has adopted an initial set of integrative
research themes:

1) Sustainable Indigenous Development;
2) Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethical Leadership; and
3) Sustainable Enterprise Development focusing on SME's

Candidates must have a strong track record of achievement in research
and teaching and demonstrated organizational experience, either inside
or outside the university. Mid and senior-level candidates are invited
to apply in the following disciplines and to indicate how their research
might contribute to our integrative research themes.

You can make a difference at UBC Okanagan with contributions in
research, teaching and institution building. For further detailed
information visit www.ubc.ca/okanagan/management.

Entrepreneurship and General Management - This is a cornerstone of the
Faculty of Management: candidates interested in topics such as emergent
business, sustainable enterprise, family business, services or tourism
based business are invited to apply. Disciplinary focus is less
important than a broad set of interests and could include finance,
innovation, leadership, business planning, and stakeholder management
domains.
Competition Number: EPGM02

Human Resources Management - Candidates with interests in core
organizational behaviour and organizational theory, leadership, labour
management, or development and change management are invited to apply. A
special focus will be on personnel management, leadership and governance
within SMEs.
Competition Number HRMT03

Finance - The focus of this area will be to prepare students to play
leadership roles in financing within organizations. We encourage
candidates with interests in organizational aspects of finance,
including corporate finance, asset and equity management and risk
management to apply.
Competition Number: FINC04

Marketing - Although a broad approach to marketing will be taught in the
Faculty, we are particularly interested in services marketing (including
tourism), B2B marketing, advertising and promotion and sales management.
Competition Number: MRTG05

Accounting and Control - Candidates with interests in any core aspect of
accounting are invited to apply. We are very interested in topics
related to control and risk management (especially in SMEs), managerial
accounting and financial reporting.
Competition Number: ACCT06

Information, Technology and Operations - This multidisciplinary area
will focus on the inner operations of organizations, including their
technologies and information systems. Candidates with interests in
business process design, operations management, forecasting and decision
making, and information systems are invited to apply.
Competition Number: ITOP07

More info at
http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/facultystaff/recruitment/tenuretrack.html#fom