PhD Program in Entrepreneurship and Innovation

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-due.de
Wed Nov 17 15:59:02 CET 2010

The Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IEI) at the University of Missouri-Kansas City has established one of the first and largest doctoral programs exclusively devoted to Entrepreneurship and Innovation. We are now accepting applications from prospective Ph.D. candidates for the 2011 fall semester admission.

Entrepreneurship is important to fuel economic growth, and many new jobs are created through new enterprises. Yet our understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation is rather limited. As a nascent academic field, there are many intellectually stimulating and practically important research questions that you can explore. In fact, entrepreneurship is one of the fastest growing academic fields within business schools. The demand for entrepreneurship faculty far exceeds the supply.

The Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Missouri-Kansas City delivers exceptional entrepreneurship education and research programs. It was ranked among the top 25 entrepreneurship programs in the United States by the Princeton Review. Nine full-time faculty members in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at IEI are productive scholars who regularly publish in top-tier academic journals in entrepreneurship and related fields. For instance, Dr. Michael Song is ranked as the world's #1 innovation and management scholar and one of the 100 most cited scholars in Economics and Business. Dr. Mark Parry is ranked as the world's #11 innovation management scholar.

Taking advantage of our size and exclusive focus in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, we offer an integrated and comprehensive doctoral seminar sequence across theoretical and methodological training designed to enable our students to conduct high quality research in entrepreneurship and innovation. The institute is also located just a few blocks from the Kauffman Foundation, which provides great resources for research in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.

All admitted students receive full tuition waivers and a very competitive stipend to cover living expenses. We invite you to visit our website for program and application information at http://www.entrepreneurship.bloch.umkc.edu/phd/.

Application deadline is January 15th, but we encourage you to apply early since we are use a rolling admission process. Please contact Dr. Lisa Song, director of the doctoral program in entrepreneurship and innovation, at umkcieiresearch at umkc.edu if you have further questions.