POSITIONS: Austin College

entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-essen.de entrepreneurship-phd at lists.uni-essen.de
Fri Sep 23 18:52:22 MESZ 2005

Austin College, Sherman, Texas
Position Opening: Entrepreneurship

Entrepreneurship: Austin College invites applications for a tenure track
assistant or associate professor of business administration beginning
August 2006. Masters required, Ph.D. or D.B.A. preferred. We seek
candidates with a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and a strong
commitment to undergraduate teaching. In addition to entrepreneurship
the successful candidate should be able to teach other general business
courses and participate in some college-wide programs. Austin College is
a selective national liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1300
undergraduates.

Send letter of application, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts, three
letters of reference, and statement of teaching philosophy to Michael
Imhoff, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Austin College, 900 N. Grand
Ave., Sherman, TX 75090-4400. An equal opportunity affirmative action
employer.

For full consideration all application materials must be received by
October 7, 2005.

Additional details:

1. Rank: assistant or associate professor depending upon qualifications
and academic experience.

2. A Masters is required, an M.B.A. is desirable, and a Ph.D. or D.B.A.
is preferred. A business school Ph.D. in almost any specialty will
probably be acceptable. While a Ph.D. in entrepreneurship is not a
requirement the successful candidate must be committed to teaching
entrepreneurship .

3. This is a full time tenure track slot - five days a week teaching.
The teaching load is 3 courses each fall and 3 courses each spring plus
a janterm course every other year.

4. It is anticipated that at least one course per semester will be
specifically in the entrepreneurship/small business area. The other
courses can be in a variety of business areas such as, but not limited
to, marketing or healthcare administration.

5. Austin College is primarily a teaching school. Our highest priority
is hiring a great teacher. There is a high expectation for effective
student advising and there will be occasional college wide involvements
such as the freshman seminar program (Communications Inquiry). While
professional activity is expected and quite important for tenure and
promotion, teaching is our main focus. The statement of teaching
philosophy that is part of the application process is very important.

6. We expect the successful candidate to be professionally active but
not necessarily in the entrepreneurship/small business area. For tenure
and promotion a faculty member must establish a consistent record of
professional activity. There is funding available for career
development.

7. We are a small school and entirely undergraduate. Faculty need to be
flexible in what they teach. Our faculty members are not as discipline
specific as at most business schools.

8. The faculty member should expect to become involved in the local
small business community helping our students consult with small
businesses, etc.

9. As a liberal arts college our salary and benefits structure is
competitive with equivalent liberal arts colleges. Questions about
salary should be referred to Mike Imhoff, vice president of academic
affairs, (903) 813-2226; mimhoff at austincollege.edu

For clarification or further information please contact Jerry Johnson,
Ph. D. Chair: Eco/BA, jerryjohnson at austincollege.edu

More info at
http://www.austincollege.edu/JobDetail.asp?JobID=91&ItemID=828